If you have decided to move to Memphis, well, you have made a great decision. Memphis is a great city with a rich culture, and lovely neighborhood with beautiful apartments. Nevertheless, if this is your first time renting an apartment, there are a few things which you must know about both – the city Memphis and renting an apartment.
First of all, let’s start by looking into where you can find quality apartments in Memphis TN. Here we have discussed the four most important areas of the city and the type of apartments you can find there.
Downtown Memphis is a busy business area during the day time and a great entertainment center at night. Most of the apartments in this area are condos and are occupied by young and professional individuals. Also, there is a playground in the neighborhood which can keep your young ones pretty happy.
The midtown area of Memphis is located near Overton Park. The park is nicknamed as – the crown jewel of midtown, after all, it contains natural forest, golf course, water feature, etc. No wonder most of the apartments in the area offer views of soothing greenery. Besides, the area has many well-known restaurants and bars.
Located right next to downtown Memphis, Harbor Town is mostly known for its upscale condos and homes. You will mostly find young families here, and there are grocery stores and quality restaurants in the area too. Furthermore, it is close to Mud Island River Park which simply makes the area seem more appealing.
If you are looking for some suburban feel, this is the area you want to settle for. The east Memphis area is home for three middle-class communities – Germantown, Lakeland, and Collierville. The environment is pretty clean, and life here runs at an overall slower pace.
Tips on renting an apartment:
Now, since you know all the major areas of the city, it is time to learn some handy tips which will help you find the right place. So, here you go…
- Plan a budget: Before you go and check out every available apartment in the city, it is important that you plan a budget. Ideally, you should be spending 25 to 30 percent of your income on rent.
- Pick a suitable location: It is ideal if you find an apartment closer to your workplace. This will not only save your time but money too.
- Make a list of amenities you need: There are many amenities that apartment building offers. Make a realistic and practical list of amenities that you absolutely need.
- Fill up the rental application: Once you have found a suitable apartment, now it is time to fill a rental application. This application will cost you around $25 to $100 depending on the apartment. Via this application, you will let your property manager know that you are a good fit based on job, income, and credit score.
- Prepare to move: Well, once you have received the approval and all the paperwork is done, plan your move. Depending on a moving company is simply the right thing to do.
Lastly, when it is about moving to Memphis and finding an apartment there, you can always check out wearememphis.com for more help. They will surely make the task of moving much easier for you.